This is my entry for Chuting's book on memory. Honestly, it didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but this piece is about mis-remembering. I put my words and image on one page because I liked the way they worked together. The words say "We roamed the vast expanses of Grandma's light blue shag carpet seated a top our great beast. Reunited 25 years later we see that our great beast is not quite what we remembered."
When we were kids my grandma had a stuffed animal elephant that my brother and I used to ride around her house. A few years ago when we were moving my grandma out of her apartment we found the elephant. My mom gave it to me since we had loved it so much when we were kids, however the elephant was not the huge amazing animal that I remembered. I made a collage picture of the stuffed elephant the way we had remembered it. I have also included a pic of the actual elephant.
No comments:
Post a Comment